PACK A PUNCH
An old favourite is coming back into fashion: Punch. Once regarded as the awkward bowl of floating fruit at school dances has captured our attention again and it on its' way back into our dinner parties.
We toke this incredible punch recipe from wellness gurus: Hemsley and Hemsley and added a some champagne to lighten it up for the last days of summer.
Try this at your next dinner party and be prepared to wow your guests!
Spiced Apple Brandy and Champagne Punch
Makes 1 litre of punch ( 8 glasses )
6 Cored apples
1 handful of fresh cranberries
2 thumb-sized pieces of peeled fresh finer
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups of Brandy
300ml of Champagne or Sparkling white wine
1. Chop the apples and add them to a saucepan along with 3 1/3 cup water, the cranberries, and ginger.
2. Gently simmer the mix over low heat for about 30 minutes.
3. When the apples are soft, remove the cinnamon stick and set aside to go into the finished punch. Blitz the apples, cranberries, and ginger together in a blender.
4. Strain the “smoothie” into a jug using a fine sieve or piece of cheesecloth, pressing as much liquid from the pulp as possible, then add the brandy.
5. Decorate with apple slices or fresh cranberries, the reserved cinnamon stick and then mixi n the champagne.
Serve over ice.